Poverty Reduction Strategies - MKUKUTA I & II and MKUZA I & II
One of the key indicators of development effectiveness is the alignment of aid flows with national priorities and strategies. Tanzania developed its first Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper in the late 1990s, covering the period 1999/2000 to 2002-03, followed by the National Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty (NSGRP), known as the MKUKUTA (2005/06-2010/11) for Mainland and MKUZA (2006/07-2010/11) on Zanzibar.
The third generation poverty reduction strategy, MKUKUTA II and MKUZA II both covered the period of 2010/11 to 2014/15 and represents the medium-term objective for Mainland Tanzania and Zanzibar.
Monitoring of MKUKUTA I & II
MKUKUTA and MKUZA review and drafting process
The review of the MKUKUTA and MKUZA as well as the drafting of the two successor strategies took place between April 2009 up til July 1st 2010. During this process several documents were shared and can be found below:
- MKUKUTA REVIEW DOCUMENT UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA.docReview Guide for MKUKUTA and MKUZA- April 2009421 K
- MKUZA Priority AAAA BBBB TOR to Guide Lead Actors13 May 26 09 1 .docMKUZA Technical Note - May 2009235 K
- Rev1 issue for CWG1.docCWG 1 (revised) Technical Note - May 2009271 K
- issue for CWG4.docCWG 2 Technical Note - May 2009225 K
- issue for CWG3.docCWG 3 Technical Note - May 2009193 K
- issue for CWG2.docCWG 4 Technical Note - May 2009206 K